The Arkansas Reading Association (ARA) is an organization whose members promote reading and literacy for people of all ages. The ARA state organization is an affiliate of the International Literacy Association and has a membership of almost 1500 educators.
Membership in ARA provides the following valuable literacy opportunities:
- Community Involvement: Join a local reading council and promote reading and literacy activities in your school and community
- Annual Conference: Attend the outstanding annual ARA Conference held each November in Little Rock, AR. The conference features many presenters, workshops, special events, exhibits, meal functions and nationally renowned authors and illustrators. ARA members receive discounted registration fees, and conference information is mailed directly to them.
- Scholarships/Grants: Each year thousands of dollars are granted to ARA members through the Jo Flanigan Scholarships, School-based Literacy Grants, the Local Council Literacy Grants, and the Local Council Honoree Award.
- Publications: Members receive ARA's journal, The Reader; monthly ARA e-Newsletter; and early conference registration information.
- Recognition: ARA recognizes outstanding literacy educators, authors and other individuals through annual literacy awards such as the Administrator in Reading Award, Celebrate Literacy Awards and the Exemplary Reading Program.
- Networking: Meet and share information with people from your community and all across Arkansas who are interested in promoting reading and literacy.
- Dual Membership: Your $20 fee includes membership at the state and local council levels.
Please note the council nearest to you.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT A MEMBERSHIP FORM.
JOIN ONLINE BELOW (preferred):